Meeting dates for 2021
(These are all held in North Tuddenham Village Hall. This is not far from Dereham and just off the A47)
Please note that due to the Covid 19 pandemic, all dates below may be subject to changes at short notice, depending on government regulations at that time. If in doubt, please email the website with queries which we will do our best to answer as soon as we can.
Our meeting dates have been planned as below. Meetings will go ahead unless prevented due to government regulations. We will follow all Covid safe practices once we are in the hall by; entering and exiting one at a time, using hand sanitiser on arrival, keeping two metres apart where possible throughout the meeting and wearing face masks at all times.
Due to Covid regulation uncertainties, and until the situation becomes clearer, we have not booked any speakers, visitors or visits. Our meetings will be ‘craft-along’ sessions. This means that we each bring our own projects to work on – be it spinning, weaving or whatever we are currently working on. We hope to be able to include a few small workshop sessions in due course too but again, these will depend on the regulations of that time.
Our regular monthly meetings are on the second Monday of each month from 7 – 9pm. (Please note the that due to the likelihood of inclement weather, the Jan and Feb Monday meetings are afternoon sessions – 1.30- 3.30pm)
This coming year, and for a trial period, we also aim to meet during the day on the fourth Saturday of each month, to accommodate those who work during the week. Once we can gauge the level of interest for weekend meetings, then the committee will decide whether or not to continue these until the end of the year. Dates are as below
Monday January 11th 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Saturday January 23rd 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Monday February 8th 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Saturday February 27th 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Monday March 8th 7 – 9pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Saturday March 27th 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Monday April 12th 7 – 9pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Saturday April 24th 1.30 – 3.30pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
Monday May 10th 7 – 9pm Cancelled due to Covid regulations
IT IS EXPECTED THAT THE 22ND MAY MEETING BELOW WILL GO AHEAD UNLESS THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT ‘ROADMAP’ DATES CHANGE. Please remember to follow the ‘hands, face, space’ guidance to keep us all safe.
Saturday May 22nd 1.30 – 3.30pm (this event did take place and hopefully is the start of a gradual return to normal)
Monday June 14th 7 – 9pm Teaching focus – support for new wheel spinners (bring own projects if not needing to access teaching focus)
(another successful meeting took place with all Covid safe regulations in place)
Saturday June 26th 1.30 – 3.30pm Teaching focus – Finger weaving/braiding (bring own projects if not needing to access teaching focus) (another successful meeting with all Covid safe regulations in place)
Unless government regulations change again, all meetings below will go ahead as planned
Monday July 12th 7 – 9pm – Drop Spindle spinning. ‘Have a go’ session on a range of spindles and bring to show any special ones you have
Saturday July 24 1.30 – 3.30pm – ‘Spin a long’ session with extra chance for supported drop spindle work if needed
Monday August 9th 7 – 9pm
Saturday August 28 1.30 – 3.30pm
Monday September 13th 7 – 9pm
Saturday September 25 1.30 – 3.30pm
Monday October 11th 7 – 9pm
Saturday October 23 1.30 – 3.30pm
Monday November 8th 7 – 9pm
Monday December 13th – 7-9pm Christmas social
Those viewing the site for the first time and wanting to find out more about our guild, may like to look below to see what would be a ‘normal’ year of meetings and activities. Sadly due to Covid, most had to be cancelled but you may get a ‘taste’ for the range of things we do!
Meeting dates for 2020
- January 13th – Spin-along THIS IS AN AFTERNOON MEETING 1:30 – 3:30pm
- February 10th – Weave-along THIS IS AN AFTERNOON MEETING 1:30 – 3:30pm
- March 9th – Outside speaker (Not yet confirmed)
- April 13th – was changed to April 6th – Skill share with emphasis on skills needed for competition entries for June meeting
- May 11th – Outside speaker (not yet confirmed)
- MEETINGS BELOW TO BE REVIEWED ONCE THERE IS CLARITY ON THE CORONA VIRUS SITUATION
- June 8th – Competition + Plant sales
- July 13th Spinning with a focus on Worstead spinning methods
- August 10th – Craft-along
- September 14th – This will be a ‘catch- up’ and ‘spin-along’ meeting to reunite us all
- October 12th – Spin-along and AGM
- November 9th Christmas Craft-along
- December 14th – Christmas Supper
Whole-day meetings for 2020
These are from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Weaving Day
- Weaving Day
- Wet Felting Workshop (led by Gill Whittaker)
- July 4th Natural Dyeing Workshop (led by Faye Jones)
*There is also a possibility of a trip to a Dyer’s Garden near Mildenhall. (Further details later.)
- Members: Free to all events unless otherwise stated.
- Non-members: A charge of £3 is made for attendance at one of our monthly meetings (no requirement to book in advance)
- Non members attendance at full day workshops: £5 for adults and £2 for children aged 12 – 18 years. (children MUST be accompanied by an adult). Prior booking necessary so we can plan accordingly.
– For further details and booking of any of our events, please contact Sarah: email@example.com
Events where we represent the guild and demonstrate skills for 2020
- Makers’ Festival at The Forum, Norwich 11 – 13 February (The whole event is 8 – 23 February.)
- Swaffham Sheep Fair – Saturday 23rd May. –
- Open Farm Sunday 7th June
- Treehouse Festival, near Mattishall 17 – 23 August
- Heritage Day at Gressenhall Sunday 13th September
- World Spin in Public Day Saturday 19th September